Monday, November 12, 2012

Influenster BeautyBloggers Vox Box 2012





I received the Influenster Beauty Bloggers VoxBox and I was ecstatic when I opened it up. I intended to make a video but sadly I was too excited. lol There were some amazing goodies in here and one flop that I wish they would stop sending me... You know who you are... ¬_¬    *coughcoughEBOOSTcoughcough*


Bath and Body Works White Barn Mini Candle in Mahogany Teakwood- With a strong scent that is VERY masculine this tiny candle will use your nose as it's own personal punching bag. From right here in the town I currently reside in this little candle made quite a journey to make it back here.This being the first ever Bath and Body Works candle I have tried I was surprised at how much the scent traveled even without being lit. I wasn't a fan of the masculine scent as much as my brother was, but I ended up with 3 more of the minis by the end of the week. One in Salted Caramel, one in Hot Buttered Rum and one in 'Tis the Season, and I loved every single one of them. I only wish they lasted longer when lit.

 Kiss EverPro Lashes- Anyone who knows me knows I have lashes. (currently with a stash over over 100 individual pairs...YIKES!) Safe to say I know my lashes and I know what works well with me. The lashes themselves are amazing! Light, flexible and a great quality human hair on a nearly invisible band. The glue holds amazingly well without irritating the eyes and is latex free. The applicator is an unnecessary addition to this set as they are flimsy and harm more than they help; crimping the lashes in an unnatural fashion with a loose grip. Stick with tweezers and you will do just fine.

 Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin-This thing is amazing. I have such a large amount of hair and sometimes its hard to find ways of keeping it up and out of my face without using a tie that can be damaging.

 No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm and Night Cream for Dry/Very Dry skin- This was a bonus item and I had high hopes but it left a heavy film over my skin and felt greasy. After using an exfoliater to remove the dry patches I thought this would provide a nice clean feeling but made me feel like I needed to wash my face again after using.

NYC IndividualEyes Dark Eyes palette- I have always been a fan of NYC. It brings back fond memories of  my first makeup experiences as a teenager. This brand has grown up big time but still lacks a little. They included a Primer and cream highlighter. The cream base is too wet/greasy to adequately provide a base for staying power for eye shadows and I found it creased really easily. The shadows themselves work really well together to complete a subtle smoky eye. They don't immediately pack a punch in pigmentation but are build-able for a deeper look.





  Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream- First off let me say YUM! This stuff smells good enough to eat. I have a natural curl to my hair that disappears the longer my hair gets. I was unable to get this to hold anything more than a slight undefined wave in my hair but I did not give this a fair shot and I hear great things. I will definitely need to try this again to be 100% sure it won't work for me. (photo also shows use of spin pin holding up top half of hair.)

The there's this... again... I want to like you Eboost, but I don't.

Even with that single flop in there makeup always gets me excited  and I can't help but love this box 100%

21 comments:

  1. This box looks amazing! And I think I might have to get my hands on that NYM curl cream. I miss my curls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen an amazing photo of a girl with hair a little shorter than mine and looked thicker and with as much wave as the one I posted... and a "day after" photo where it looks like it was curled with a curling iron... I can't imagine she didn't do anything else to make it look like that... SO I need to give it a second shot to be sure I just didn't do something wrong lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully she wasn't lying and it was from the cream! Even so it sounds like it would be worth a shot. Might even work for my daughters hair who seems to be loosing her curls the longer her hair gets.

      Delete
    2. Exactly my point lol.. and I was hoping it would work on mine. I hate using product on my hair though because I don't want split ends or unhealthy hair.

      Delete
    3. Did you try it again? :) I know what you mean! I'm on a quest to get healthy hair.

      Delete
    4. NO! Not yet! lol I'm really bad about not wanting to wear my hair down or put things in it.. so SOON.. but I have to work myself up to do it lol...

      Delete
  3. Ah I see! I still might just have to get this and try it out. Anything it worth a shot. I hate seeing my daughters curls disappear lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who uses this stuff everyday and swears by it but she has VERY curly hair already and its on the shorter side around shoulder length... the smell of this stuff alone is reason enough for me to buy it lol.

      Delete
    2. That makes me want it even more. I love good smelling hair stuff. LOL :D

      Delete
    3. I tried it... all its doing is making me angry... my hair is over 2 feet long... but I have layers.. all the top shorter layers that are shoulder length and up all have soft pretty spiral curl/waves and then everything else is not great lol... I followed what the bottle said but i dried it 99% and twisted it into a bun... so I would say it would work for hair much shorter than mine lol

      Delete
    4. I bought some a few days ago and I think it works great. :) It brings out my daughters curls and in my hair it gives my pretty waves/spirals. My hair is normally very flat with a wave or two. Definitely boring looking but now I can style it easy.

      Delete
    5. yay! I wish it worked on my hair.. I'm half tempted to chop 10-18 inches off of it

      Delete
    6. I wouldn't say chop off that much hair! LOL Maybe more layers?

      Delete
    7. I have silky hair and it looks thin when it's layered =/

      Delete
    8. Aw. :( Not sure what to tell you then, beside don't chop it off! Lol.

      Delete
    9. LOL.. that's been my mindset for quite a while because I wasn't sure what to do. lol

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They ARE pretty spectacular. Probably the best quality ones I own lol.

      Delete
  5. Betsy Rubendall Barnes
    pinktaz60@hotmail.com

    I really love the pink in your hair! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that looks like such a fun box!! You did a fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a fun box! Any time there is makeup involved I'm all for it. lol

      Delete