Friday, November 2, 2012

Rice Krispie Treats HouseParty!











I was selected to host a HouseParty for Rice Krispies! If you are not sure what HouseParty is, it's a free site you can sign up for to enter in to host themed parties! I have hosted 4 parties since I have joined HouseParty and loved every single one of them!

                    In the host box I received 4 boxes of Rice Krispies, 13 bowl scrapers, a bowl and a chef hat.  
                            I followed the simple recipe for Rice Krispie Treats.
  • 1 16 oz bag of marshmallows
  • 6 cups of Rice Kripsies
  • 3-4 tablespoons of butter
  • Melt the butter and marshmallows together and mix into the Rice Krispies.
                             I wanted the children's creativity to show through with candy corn, mini marshmallows, icing, and sprinkles to decorate theirs with. The result was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast making their own monster creations and a lot of the candy corn and marshmallows made it to the mouth before hitting the top of the Rice Krispies Treats.



* The Children's faces were hidden to respect the wishes of the parents and to protect the children's identity*
**FTC- I received the HouseParty kit for free for my participation on the HouseParty website. I was not asked to review or required to make a separate blog post outside of the HouseParty website. All decoration items and other ingredients were purchased by me. **


12 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I surprisingly didn't have a single bite of it during the party lol.. The kids loved them though.

      Delete
  3. These look yummy! I want to make some! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually made even more last night.. just opening this page and seeing them made me want more lol.

      Delete
  4. Those look really good. Have you tried them with Fruit Loops?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not with fruit loops before but I have used Fruity Pebbles and those were AWESOME

      Delete
  5. i've never acutally gotten to host a house party. looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my 4th I believe.. but that's 4 over the past 2 1/2-3 years. It can be fun if you have the right people. =)

      Delete