Thursday, December 20, 2012

BarkBox Review

         We got our very first Barkbox courtesy of Klout! Dexter is pretty good at knowing when something comes in the mail for him. Or when he THINKS something came in the mail for him. ( Upon opening a Coca-Cola bear from MyCokeRewards he snatched it out of my hands before I even had it out of the package all the way.) 
           As I opened the box and gave him one of the treats and preceded to try to read the card insert he decided to sneak up and start pulling things out. Video or it didn't happen, right? Well, it just so happens I have a video. 
                      If you look closely you will see the paper confetti he chose to drag onto the floor with him. Needless to say, he was excited. lol.  
             The stuffed reindeer from Simply Fido is a Brooklyn-based organic toy company. Super plush and squeaky and Dexter is in heaven. He won't let me touch it. lol
Sniffed it, Snatched it and Ran.



I had to fight Dex for the Reindeer to make it in the photo.
     I have been eyeing the Barkbox website forever hoping to snag one for my doodlebop and just waiting to take the plunge. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I got a great mixture of things perfect for Dexter. The best part about Barkbox is that they donate 10% of their proceeds to a rescue group. That just makes them amazing in my book.
          Our box came with a great squeaky reindeer toy (Which Dexter obviously LOVES) , a small sample size bottle of Oatmeal Shampoo, A nice sized bag of bone treats and a boxed PuppyCake Red Velvet Cake mix!
       I know what you are thinking, a cake mix? For a dog? Well, SURE! Why not? On Dexter's first birthday I made him a whole wheat peanut butter carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and he loved it! This is a little more user friendly! What kind of treat is best for your dog? The kind made with love! So why not? I love that this is not only wheat free but is made with all human grade food. You wouldn't want to feed your dog something you wouldn't feed
yourself. Best thing about this? It's microwavable and comes with a yogurt frosting. I know what Dexter is getting all his puppy friends for Christmas! If Red Velvet isn't your thing they also have other flavors available such as Banana, Peanut Butter and Carob. 

He smacked me while I was trying to take this picture because I would not let go of the treat . lol
                   The treats from Bocce's Bakery smell SO GOOD. That's kind of weird to say about a dog treat but also that should tell you something about their quality! All natural dog treats aptly named Holiday Feast made with Chicken, Pumpkin and Cranberry and that's EXACTLY what they smell like. You can smell the pumpkin and the cranberry, they smell sweet but not overly sweet and just reading the ingredients you know they are good for your pups. Not to mention Dex is head over heels for them. 

                  The Oatmeal shampoo from Fresh Dog smells amazing! You can can really pick up on the almond. The shampoo is meant to clean, calm and soothe. Dex is not a bath kind of dog so I may have to fight him to try this one but as the days get colder his poor skin gets drier and I think this will really help soothe the itchiness. They also have a Dry Shampoo powder available on their website. I may have to go that route. I don't know how an inside dog manages to get so stinky, but what he does, he does it well.
If you are interested in picking up a Barkbox for yourself hop on over to their website, read the FAQs if you have any questions, sign up and give it a go. All their prices and info are listed on their site! 


FTC: I was sent the Barkbox for free from Klout. I was not compensated nor was I required to make a blog post about the product. I just wanted to share because my puppy loved it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment