Thursday, December 13, 2012

GoJane Spiked Velvet Heel-Less Platform Shoe Review

Dexter sniffing to make sure there are no treats in
the box for him that he may have missed.
I received my very first pair of shoes from GoJane.com! I chose the Spiked Velvet Heel-less Platforms in black. These are essentially a knockoff version of the Jeffrey Campbell  Spiked Nightwalks but they are styled just slightly different. The Nightwalks have a different spike pattern and have less heel than the knockoffs. If you look at the knockoffs you will notice the sole of the shoe kicks back underneath the heel so you have a different look than the originals but also a slightly more stable stance if you aren't 100% sure you could actually walk in heel-less shoes.
               
         From what I have been able to tell so far all the spikes seem to be placed well on the shoes. None have fallen off as of the time I'm writing this. I didn't think I would like the velvet finish but it's quite nice. The shoes appear to be more well made than I thought upon originally looking at the photos online, but all in all I absolutely love them! The kickback on the sole provides more stability than I imagined so they are not difficult to keep my balance in. My biggest issue is my foot slides forward and that makes the shoes feel tight on my toes. I think with a proper insert I won't have that issue.
         The spikes on the shoes are incredibly sharp so you need to be careful not to kick someone by accident. There are no spikes on the inside of the shoes so there's less of a chance of one grazing the inside of your ankles and legs while walking.
         All in all these shoes are just plain fun. Wear them when you are feeling sassy or daring or whenever ,just because.



3 out of 5 because though they are well made 
they are still uncomfortable for me and an insole needs
 to be purchased.


                 You can purchase these exact shoes HERE at GoJane.com
FTC: I purchased these shoes with my own money. I am not affiliated with GoJane nor was I compensated for this post. All opinions herein are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, these are so cool! I've never heard of a heal-less shoe before! I think I would probably break my neck in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These only give the illusion of not having a heel because of the way the bottom of the shoe flares out. But there are shoes that literally have no heel whatsoever lol.

      Delete
  2. I love GoJane! :) I got a pair of Sneaker wedges from them and they are cute. Definitely don't think I could do the heel-less heel lmao I would break my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My biggest issue is really the slope of these. Combined with the slick inside it's a disaster on my toes. Walking on uneven surfaces won't be easy immediately upon putting them on but once you figure them out they aren't so hard to do. These are no different than wearing wedges. =)

      Delete