Monday, December 10, 2012

Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid Powered Contour Cleansing System



           Olay has done something pretty amazing. I personally have always felt like Olay was a mature brand. Not in a bad way, but it was always something that my mother used and I was always excited for the day when I was grown up enough to use their products. 
            Now in my late 20's (I'm almost 30, yikes!) I find myself reaching to their products just as my mother and my older sisters have done through the years and I finally felt like a grown up. I feel like Olay has shattered that "mature" look for their new product. 
            With a name that is surely a mouthful for anyone, the Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid Powered Contour Cleanser is a tiny machine that, when paired with the Fresh Effects Shine Shine Go Away Shine Minimizing Cleanser (also a mouthful), does wonders for my skin.
             The set runs about $14.99 and you can pick it up on Drugstore.com, Target, or probably anywhere you can find Olay products. 
             The packaging on this little machine is so vibrant and eye catching unlike the usual Olay red leads me to believe they were definitely trying to pull in a younger target audience with this one and I am okay with that! 
             This particular set comes with a sample size of the shine minimizing cleanser and I think I am a little too excited over the fact that this stuff is metallic silver.
             The powered cleanser brush head is a triangle shape with soft silicon bristles. The shape is really great for getting into the contours of your nose and great for getting your T-zone and around your hairline. I decided to be a rebel and use this all over my face and I just gotta say WOW. I normally just use an exfoliating cleanser from Aveeno and my fingers and my skin doesn't feel half as soft or as clean as it does when I use the brush.
              I tried alternating the shine minimizing cleaners with my exfoliating cleanser with the brush as well as skipping days to see if I noticed a difference. One day without using the shine cleanser and brush I noticed the all over oilier feeling my skin had, and my skin typically runs on the drier side. Also after skipping a day I got a huge random breakout on my cheek (Tmi?), I used the shine cleanser paired with the powered brush and I woke up the next day with 100% clear skin. I have never had anything that cleared up a breakout overnight.   
             The brush is so easy to use with simple on and off buttons, is water proof and uses a single AAA battery. 
              So sans the tongue twister of a name I would have to say Olay hit it out of the park with this one. I love that Olay is catering to a younger audience. I love the fresh look of the packaging. I love the formula of the cleanser, and I love the cleansing brush. This is definitely a new favorite of mine and is now part of my daily facial cleansing routine. 

                                      5 little yellow birds from me!






FTC: I was sent this product for free from a website for review. I was not sponsored to do this review nor was I required to make a review outside of the webpage that sent me this item. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for this review.


2 comments: