Sunday, January 27, 2013

Godefroy Heated Eyelash Curler Review and Sweepstakes Info!


  You know what's pretty scary? Putting a weird contraption near your eye that squeezes your eyelashes to curl them. Women as a whole tend to do this routinely. I'm still kind of terrified of eyelash curlers. I've heard horror stories of lashes being cut by them or pulled out, and I can't help but wonder why we continue to do this to ourselves. I refuse to use an eyelash curler while wearing mascara because the lashes got stuck once and that was all I needed to not ever do that again. 
   I've pinched my delicate eyelid, I've messed up my eye shadow and liner and I thought I was going to pull my lashes out one time too many. I am a natural born klutz so doing something as silly as messing around so close to my eyes is just the icing on the cake some days.
              I have never tried a heated eyelash curler before so the prospect of curling my lashes with heat and not crimping them sounded scarier. Heat and I, we are not the best of friends, but I decided to give the one from Godefroy Beauty a shot.
              Upon initial inspection I realized, I love the size. It's a little larger than a pen. Similar in size to the battery powered eyebrow trimmers you see everywhere. It only requires a single AAA battery and has a simple ON/OFF sliding power switch. The curler cannot be on if the cap is firmly in place and the body slides off to reveal the hidden battery compartment.   
              After carefully reading the instructions I decided to go for it and give it a shot. Basically you let it heat up for 30 seconds. To me, it never felt hot to the touch. You place the comb at the base of the lashes and hold for 8 to 10 seconds. You can repeat until you feel your lashes are as curled as you desire and that's it. I noticed a pretty significant difference. One of the best part about it though? You can use with or without mascara. I was thrilled because sometimes if you layer on a lot of mascara, sometimes your lashes can droop and uncurl. With the heated eyelash curler you can touch up the curl on them after the mascara is applied.
Curled on left side uncurled on right. Top without mascara,
 bottom with mascara.




      I absolutely love the results I received. I didn't hurt myself, I didn't lose any lashes, I didn't burn myself and my lashes were curled and looked great. It was super exciting! I finally have something that is Diane-proof. Now here's hoping I don't slip and poke myself in the eye with it. =D

                        SWEEPSTAKES!
       Godefroy is also holding a sweepstakes on their Facebook page to win a $100 shopping spree on their website. The New Year New You 2013 Sweepstakes will have six winners that will be drawn on February 2nd. All you have to do is follow THIS LINK to their Facebook, like their page, and complete the submission form. If you would like to read the Terms and Conditions of their sweepstakes you can check that out HERE.

FTC: I received the products shown for review and no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment