Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Beanfields Chips Review



     Do you ever wish you had the option to have a delicious snack that was also healthy? Do you have food allergies and can't have certain food items? Are you a huge fan of dips but are bored with regular old tortilla chips? Maybe it is time to switch things up!
     Beanfields chips are Bean and Rice chips that are gluten free, cholesterol free, fat free, preservative free and free of every one of the FDA's eight most common ingredients that cause food allergies.
      Not only are they free of all these possible food allergy causing ingredients, but they are also vegan and contain 4 grams of protein in every serving, as much as a 4 oz. glass of milk and 4 grams of fiber in every serving, the same as a ½ cup serving of raisin bran. And you get both soluble and insoluble fiber, which aids digestion. The fiber also helps you feel fuller longer.
      Most importantly, the chips produced by this family owned company, are delicious!





   Nacho- Some slightly saltier patches but the flavor is unlike anything I've ever tasted in a chip and I love it! It's like a tiny nacho flavored burrito. You can really taste the beans and rice and I would have to say that is my favorite part. There is also a slight peppery kick as an aftertaste in the back of the throat which is nice.






     Pico De Gallo- I would have to say these are officially my favorite! I am absolutely in love with the flavor! They have a perfect balance of flavors. I was nervous they would be too spicy but even though the bag says mild, they are lightly spiced. Definitely something I would love to repurchase again and again.




Salt and Pepper- The combination of these scared me as I like neither in large amounts, but salt most of all is the one thing I tend to avoid. These didn't have a strong salt flavor. In fact I could barely taste the salt at all. The pepper on the other hand is very strong! These were a lot spicier than I assumed they would be but if you are a huge black pepper fan these are right up your alley!



Unsalted- Your first thought may be... unsalted? Boring! What good would that do? Well just because there is no salt, does not mean there is no flavor! The flavor of the chip is just not as prevalent without the salt, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't worth giving a shot. I found that these particular chips are the perfect vessels for dips! Because they are unsalted they add no extra unwanted salt to an already salted dip. They carry the flavor of the dip as well as adding their own without overwhelming the senses with full on salt. I would have to say that is a total win!




    Sea Salt- These were literally a pleasant surprise! I was expecting something more heavy handed on the salt but they were JUST RIGHT! I really love that these most resembled a tortilla chip without the corn. Having a slight food allergy to corn (just makes me itchy unless I take some form of an otc allergy medicine), it is really nice to have that lightly salted flavor and texture of a tortilla chip without corn.


Quality Control by Dexter. 















 I would have to say that I am definitely in love with these chips! I you would like to learn more check out Beanfields website or you can follow them on Twitter or Facebook!

FTC: The products shown were sent for review, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I just tried these for the first time this week, they are so delicious! I agree about your favorite too. :)

    ReplyDelete