Thursday, February 21, 2013

Vitacost.com Review













    Do you prefer healthy living but don't have the stores around you to shop at?  Living in a small town can be a pain when you are looking for a healthy solution to an everyday problem. It can be harder to find organic products, or all natural ones. Who wants to spend their days scouring the internet trying to find all the items they need on 15 different websites and realizing you aren't getting the best deal?
         This is where VitaCost comes to the rescue. You can find all your pet supplies, vitamins, diet stuff, herbs, baby items, beauty and more. They carry great brands like Almay, Burt's Bees, Frontline, Kind, Method, Seventh Generation, Centrum, Airborne, Etc. They carry items that are certified cruelty free and also FSA-Eligible products. (FSA-Rx signifies that a product requires a prescription from a qualified healthcare professional to be eligible for reimbursement. Look for the FSA-Rx icon next to products throughout the site to find these items, or shop the FSA store.* )
        They have a small flat rate shipping of $4.99 unless you spend $49 and it's completely free. Not only are you getting great prices already, the shipping price is pretty phenomenal as well. With nearly 40,000 products to choose from you are sure to find what you need all in one place. 
   
Redmond Clay and Facial Mud
All Natural Bentonite Clay
  An Old Home Remedy - Redmond Clay has been used for generations to help support digestive health. For thousands of years, primitive people carried a ball of clay with them in their packs. Some of this clay was dissolved in water and ingested with their meals. Clay was the natural medicine used by the natives for fighting many stomach ailments, dysentery and food infections.*

    I have had experience using these types of food grade powder clay before. One of the best parts about it is you don't have to actually ingest it because it has so many other great uses. Mixing it with water and you can have a face mask. It can also be used on bug bites, cuts, bee stings, boils, rashes, acne, and burns.
     Redmond Clay Facial Mud helps to clarify your skin, remove excess oil, shrink pores, draw out toxins, tone skin, remove impurities, and deep clean. Redmond Clay Facial Mud is safe for all skin types.*
   I love that it draws dirt, grime, oils, impurities, and other harmful toxins out of your skin into the mask itself. It's a wonderful addition to any Girl's Night or Spa Days.

 Honey Girl Body Creme and Personal Lubricant

       Pure and Natural Honey Girl Organics are Made with the Honey of Bees Fed on the Sun-Kissed Tropical Flowers on the North Shore of Oahu.*
    Honey Girl Organics Body Cream is a really interesting product. I love the thick creamy feeling it has. The scent is reminiscent almost of black licorice and honey. and the interesting thing is you can actually use it on dry hair. 

   Organic Skin Care from Hawaii's Rich Beehive Harvest
This organic personal lubricant softens and smooths skin, while enhancing sensual intimacy. It helps relieve dryness.
Intensifies sensation and has excellent staying power
Created from pure and organic ingredients
Completely free of parabens, glycerins, fragrances, hormones, silicones and petroleum products.*

   What I really thought was most interesting about the lubricant is it actually has a cream texture and not a gel consistency or oil base that you see with a lot of other personal lubricants. It is supposed to absorb right into the skin so there is no residue left over!
    Eco Nuts™ are dried berry shells from the Sapindus mukorossi (soapberry) tree in Asia that have amazing cleaning abilities and have been used for centuries to clean clothes. Using this natural detergent can reduce residual chemical buildup and odors in washing machines. Safe for septic and gray water systems. Eco Nuts™ are a highly effective natural cleaner and a green alternative to man-made detergents. you'd be nuts to use any other soap!*
    I absolutely love this idea! Having a simple reusable eco-friendly soap option is great. I have very sensitive skin to a lot of detergents so having an option that doesn't use those dyes and perfumes is a neat idea, not to mention they are small enough to carry back and forth to the laundry mat at my apartments without being weighed down by a big heavy bottle.

Innersense  Color Awakening Hairbath and 
   I was super excited when I went to try these out! I opened up the bottle to smell them and I was super excited when I smelled the shampoo. It smelled so good! It was sweet and citrus and I couldn't quite place it at first. It took a while and it finally hit me.. ORANGE TOOTSIE POP! It smelled exactly like my favorite flavor of Tootsie Pops! 
   I opened up the Conditioner excited to smell that in hopes it smelled the same but it actually smelled more like an herbal almost lavender scent, which is ironic because I don't believe it had lavender in it. 
   The Shampoo has a strange slimy consistency that didn't lather very well. It said it was a gentle cleanser but I felt like I had issues getting it to work it's way into my hair. 
    The conditioner I don't feel like it moisturized as much as I needed it to, but in it's defense its not a heavy moisturizing formula. Sadly I ended up having to use another conditioner with it so my hair wasn't as dry or as brittle and also to mask the smell of the herbal scent over the bright citrus scent. 
    They were a pretty good set, with little colour fading but I believe these would best be suited to someone with oilier hair who could use a little bit of dryness in their life for their hair. 
   Raw Concentrated Fucoxanthin
Plus Raw Green Coffee Bean Extract
Clinically Studied ingredients and Potency
Naturally Boosts Metabolism - No Jitters
Powerfully Supports Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
Minimizes Fat Storage
Increases Lean Body Mass
With Svetol® Green coffee Bean Extract
Gluten Free • Dairy Free • Non-GMO • Vegan • Soy Free

FucoTHIN® GREEN is the first 100% natural, RAW, Whole Food supplement to combine the fat burning power and glucose support of two clinically studied, non-stimulant, natural thermogenics: Xanthigen® (RAW, Concentrated Fucoxanthin) and Svetol® (RAW, Naturally Decaffeinated Green Coffee Bean Extract).*

          This was actually a product I was too nervous to try because of the medication I am currently on, without consulting my doctor first. My friend was actually currently taking a similar product from another brand and stated she liked that she felt less like she was "bouncing off the walls" with this particular brand and it had less of that jittery feeling associated with the other kind she was taking.


   Aloe Cadabra® is a sensually smooth lubricant made from 95% organic aloe, enriched with Vitamin E. And because it's completely free of parabens, glycerin and harmful petroleum products, it can actually help heal as it enhances your sexual pleasure and comfort.*
   Let's get real ladies and gents... sometimes you need a little extra help. I really like that this has a gel consistency and little to no odor. Sometimes the fruit scented ones can just be too much. If you prefer everything to be organic in your life, why not this as well?

  This is just a small listing of some of the great finds they have available on their site! If you want to know more you can check them out on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or add them to your circle on Google+.


* All sentences marked with an asterisk contains information pulled from their site so you can get the product information direct from the source.
FTC: All products shown were sent for review, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea that clay could help with digestive issues!! Very interesting. I really want to try the Eco Nuts. I do sooooo much laundry, so I'm sure they would be a great investment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ive used a clay before... it's not the best taste in the world but it's pretty neat all the uses it has! And the the Eco nuts are so interesting! I love that it doesn't bother my skin. And it's so much better than spending a lot of money on the expensive sensitive skin laundry detergents.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to check out Vitacost! I didn't know they had things for pets as well. :) And I definitely need to get my hands on some of that clay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was so excited when I seen the pet stuff! They also have a referral rewards program where you can sign up to earn $10 off a $30 purchase by referring friends and first time customers. That is definitely something to check out!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is a great variety! I'll have to check them out, because I live in a small town too and most people here have no idea what organic is. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! They carry food items too. You could probably find some really great vegan or vegetarian things you wouldn't normally find in local stores too. ;)

      Delete