Sunday, March 10, 2013

March PawBox Review


 At it again with this month's PawBox! Dexter was excited and I am pretty sure he knew what it was before I opened it for him as he was up in my lap 0.2 seconds after picking up the box. I really love March's PawBox and I think Dex did too! He may be a little biased though because it was all for him. 
    The first thing out of the box was the Hearty Grain & Honey treat from Nature's Animals. I love that it is a fresh baked, organic treat with no salt or sugar added with ingredients sourced right here in America. Normally Dexter doesn't appreciate large treats that he can't swallow whole like a maniac but he snatched this treat up and took off running to hide it in his bed where I later found him holding it in his paws munching away on it. I was very proud! 

 The next treat I pulled out of the box was the Isle of Dogs 100% natural dog treats. These are made with a blend of antioxidant-rich organic blueberries, whole grains and organic vegetables for overall health. They are made from whole food sources with no synthetic vitamins, fillers or additives so I know they are good for him. Dex liked these treats but unfortunately he refused to eat them unless I broke them apart, which made me sad because they were heart shaped! I had to break his heart but at least he enjoyed them. 
    The next treat I pulled out of the box was the Yummy Chummies with Wild Alaska Salmon. These were very unique, they were a chewy treat but almost had the look of a shredded cereal. These are apparently used as training treats across the US and Canada, but they are high in vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, including omega-3 and 6. 
   These also were another treat Dex refused to eat unless I broke into smaller pieces but otherwise he really seemed to 
love them!
  The next item from the box was probably more fun for me than for Dex (but he had a blast as well.)  I had never heard of Incredibubbles before now but I think this is going to have to be a continuous repurchase for me every time the weather gets warmer out. They are non-toxic bubbles that take forever to pop! The solution itself is thick and smells like gravy and saliva but Dexter had a total blast chasing these bubbles around like a maniac! The biggest downside to these that I could see was they are intended for hot dry weather for maximum bubble longevity and it was snowing when I tried these out for the first time, but even so inside they still were pretty great. When they pop they leave a weird film but it goes away pretty easily. Poor Dex had one pop on his nose and he had a hard time trying to figure out why it was still stuck to his nose but he continued to play again in no time like nothing had happened.
  Last but most certainly not least was the Dog Paws Lotion Bar. A fragrance free, paraben free, chemical free, dye free, wheat free and gluten free non toxic lotion bar. Dexter has been having issues with his paws feeling dried out and rough and I don't think this could have come at a better time. This lotion bar is 100% safe if the dog decides to lick his or her foot right after applying but they still ask you to try to avoid letting them so it has time to work it's way in and they don't lick it completely off. I hope with extended use of this product Dexter's toe-sies start to look and feel better!


   Pawbox has generously provided my readers yet again with a brand new coupon for first time subscribers! If you use the code YllwBirdMarch  before April 15th you will receive 50% off your first box for new subscribers! That is an insanely awesome deal and you have the opportunity to make your 4 legged furbabies very happy! 
   I think Dex has become the most spoiled dog in the neighborhood because he gets to try new things all the time! He wouldn't want you to miss out either!






FTC: I received the products shown for review purposes, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

6 comments:

  1. What a very cool box! Dexter is such a lucky baby and such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is... So lucky that sometimes I allow him to be too spoiled. I can't help it though! =)

      Delete
  2. that is awesome !!!! my dogs would love something like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get a video of Dex with those bubbles... He had a blast when I first got them out. Every time I tried to record him though he just stared at me like I was nuts while he was just covered in unpopped bubbles lol.

      Delete
  3. PawBox seems to be getting better every month. I think I will wait to see April's box before I commit. Right now, we're using BarkBox and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the BarkBox that I received through Klout and reviewed. Hopefully I will get to share the April box as well but I think $5 for the first month is pretty awesome. It's hard to compare the 2 though because Barkbox is really all about full size and Pawbox is really about samples which is why there's such a price difference. Either way Dex loves being spoiled lol.

      Delete