Wednesday, March 13, 2013

nuNAAT Brazillian Keratin Products Review


  Finding the right products for your hair sometimes can be really tough. I have a hard time with dryness from over processing, as well as just general damage control from my hair being almost 3 feet long. The longer your hair is the older your hair is and that means the ends of your hair have aged to a point where it is unhealthy. One of the best things you can do for your hair is to add moisture and replace the keratin that can be lost due to heat styling, age, product buildup, and general day to day life on your hair.
  What is keratin? Keratin is the key structural component of hair, skin and nails. If you replace the keratin that may have been lost over time it can repair your hair and make it stronger.

           The Good The Bad and The Ugly
   The NAAT Brazilian Keratin line is intended for dry, coarse hair. I went in to this knowing this line wasn't colour safe and I made peace with that. Sadly it did strip my hair of more colour than I EVER expected it to. My shower looked like I murdered a pink cupcake as it rinsed from my hair like I was freshly dying it. 
    I have a lot of hair but for some reason I went through nearly half a bottle trying to get the shampoo to coat my hair as it didn't lather very well and had a weird runny/slimy texture that would slide right off my hair before it would give me the chance to work it in to my hair. The more I worked it in though, the less dye I had on my head.
     The conditioner was something else. I noticed the texture was a little creamier and I was hoping that it would be the redeeming factor of the set and I poured some in my hand and made the mistake of bending over it. I unfortunately did this three times before I realized the conditioner was literally putting off fumes so strong it was burning my eyes. I am not sure if this was an issue amplified by my eye condition, but it literally hurt so much I actually screamed. I can only imagine what the neighbors though.
     After applying nearly a quarter of the bottle of conditioner I still ended up with mats and knots in my hair. I always brush my hair out before I wash it, because it is so dry it instantly knots up. So maybe it wasn't the most moisturizing of conditioners.
     The leave in reconstructor though, this stuff was really nice. With a texture almost like water with a little oil mixed in I applied it to my hair. Although it said to apply to the roots I decided to skip the roots and apply from the ends of my hair up to about an inch from the roots. I loved how it instantly softened my hair and I can honestly say I don't think I have seen a single product put as much curl into my hair as this leave in conditioner did. I wish my hair stayed curly when it was dry because it was insane!
    You can see in the before (right) to the after (left) the difference in my hair. My hair doesn't look as good as I would have hoped it would. It doesn't even feel better than I hoped it would. You can see a small patch in the before picture on the left side near my fingers where the fading started from previous washes but it wiped a lot of the colour out of my hair in the after. Just keep in mind not all results are the same as it would be on all hair types but be warned if you have any kind of dye in your hair that you would prefer to keep in place.
        If anyone else happened to have used this product and shared similar experiences or or have a positive experience please leave it in the comments. I would love to hear more. I typically dislike posting any kind of negative review but I had high hopes for this product and I would like to hear how it turned out for others.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Although I do not recommend this product for myself, maybe someone else will have better luck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment