Tuesday, March 12, 2013

safeHands® and safeSquirts® Alcohol Free Hand Sanitizer Review


                    
         What is the one biggest issue I personally have with hand sanitizer? DRYNESS! I have really dry skin that happens to get worse when the weather gets colder and adding an alcohol based hand sanitizer to my hands just makes it worse. 
         Sometimes convenience trumps being comfortable when it comes to using hand sanitizer for me, because during the times when you can't get to a sink to wash your hands you still need something to keep them clean.
     safeHands® began as a dream until founder, Dr. Jay Reubens, gathered a team of experts to develop a non-toxic, safe alternative to mainstream alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Dr. Jay's goal was to ensure the product not only kill over 99.99% of germs - but also the gel help soothe, nourish and preserve the natural oils in skin. It dawned on Dr. Jay, as he successfully tested the product with his friends and family, that it was time to start a mission and “safe” the world one hand at a time, with a goal of educating people all over the world to the dangers of using alcohol-based hand sanitizers.*
            safeSquirts®  come in fun colours and scents for the kids and the kids at heart and provide the same protection, moisturize just as much and kill just as many germs as the safeHands® for adults!
           Out of all the scents available I would have to say the safeHands in Clean Linen and the safeSquirts in TootyFruity are my favorites! The safeSquirts also come in Cool Blue and Bubble Gum and the safeHands also come in Cucumber Mint and an unscented version.
           When I first tried them out it took about 2 pumps to get the air out and then one full pump was PLENTY. I love the foam texture but as soon as it hits skin it slowly starts to become more liquid which is kind of neat. I have very sore dry patches on my hands and it was awesome to not have those feel like someone lit my skin on fire. The sanitizer worked into my skin effortlessly and with a couple seconds of dry time I was ready to go again. There were no obnoxious fumes from alcohol, or weird scent left on my skin. Just a nice light scent, nothing too overpowering. If you really think about it, would you rather your hands smell lightly like the scent you applied or would you rather they smell like alcohol? I think I found my new favorite hand sanitizer!
            If you find that the foam hand sanitizer isn't your thing you can also check out their website for when their safeHands SafeWipes go on sale in the scent Cool as a Cucumber. Also their ZenHands Aromatherapy, safeTronics electronics sanitizer, and safePaws Paw sanitizer wipes! I think I am definitely looking forward to those!
           With so many new and exciting things on the horizon and so many exciting things currently available, why haven't you made the switch yet?!

  Who are the creators of safeHands®?
Dr. Jay Reubens is the Founder and CEO of safehands®, the world’s first alcohol free hand sanitizer. Dentist by trade and alcohol free pioneer by choice, Dr. Jay is spearheading the alcohol free movement with safeHands® and his mission to “Safe the Planet!”™ Dr. Jay has joined forces with Dr. David Dyer, a leading peer-reviewed FDA consultant and scientist who specializes in Benzalkonium Chloride, the active ingredient in safeHands® products.*


     Want to know more? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or check out their website!

*Information about products marked with an asterisk were provided.
FTC: I was provided the products shown for review, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't think you would be disappointed. Alcohol is horrible for your skin so I'm glad someone finally caught on!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! My skin is the same as yours and this sound great. I also like that they have different scents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I need try this. I use so much sanitizer at work my hands are dry from using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who is addicted as well. I plan on trying to get her to make the switch for herself and her kids too!

      Delete
  4. I could use this I swear I am always sanitizing or washing my hands constantly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like it would also be better to keep the alcohol off the babies skin too! =)

      Delete
  5. I hate the way most hand sanitizers make your hands feel so dry and gritty....will try these out. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I despise the ones with the little beads in it. They never fully dissolve and I find those silly beads everywhere for hours after. lol

      Delete