Friday, April 26, 2013

Wholesale Costume Club-Dog Yoda Costume Review


         Sometimes Dexter actually enjoys wearing clothes when he is cold and the occasional costume. He has amassed quite an arsenal of costumes; a hot dog, and a bumble bee just to name a few. I have heard so many comments about how he looks like Chewbacca, or an Ewok, Yoda or even Darth Vader depending on his haircut. For the longest time I have been trying to get my hands on a different Stars Wars costume for each of these characters because he is a total goof and I bet he would have a ton of fun with all the attention. 
          I had the opportunity to get the Star Wars Yoda Dog Pet Costume from Wholesale Costume Club and I have been laughing hysterically since. I have seen versions of this costume before on pugs and it never fails to make me laugh.
          They have a fantastic selection but I decided I needed to get something for Dexter instead of myself and I don't think this could have come at a better time with May 4th rapidly approaching!
          The costume is made of Polyester and is 2 pieces, a jumpsuit and a hat with ears attached. The jumpsuit covers the front legs, and velcros around the neck. There is also an attached hood and extra fabric to make it appear as if he has a cloak on. 
          The costume itself it really well made but the biggest issue I see with it is the sizing, which is no fault of theirs. The packaging states that a small is supposed to fit a dog Dexter's size when in reality a small fits more like a medium. I can only assume that would mean the other sizes run large as well. It's an easy fix for me though as I can just take it in slightly and it will fit perfectly, but you can tell from the photo the jumpsuit would be better suited on a taller dog. The velcro as well around the neck was a few inches too large and the elastic around the head piece is long as well. All easy fixes but if you check out the photos below you can tell. If you have a larger dog just keep in mind you have about 4-6" of extra room to play with around the velcro neck but the length itself isn't really intended for dogs with short legs.
          I love everything about the costume itself; though he is unable to walk in it until I adjust it to fit him perfectly it is really great for taking photos until then!
          If you are on the lookout for a costume for your dog, yourself, or your children they may have exactly what you are looking for; whether it be for Halloween, a costume party, a Star Wars Day party, or you are in need of a mascot costume, they have a little bit of everything!
If you look closely it looks like he is trying to use the force to make me give him a treat.










   If you like what you see here don't forget to check them out on their website, and follow them on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to date!

FTC: The products shown were provided for review purposes, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

10 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Dexter is precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He knows it too. Even when he is being a brat. lol

      Delete
  2. omg how cute is dexter. i love him and he totally rocks the yoda costume :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I need to get the other costumes so he can dress like Chewy, an Ewok and Darth Vader.lol

      Delete
  3. LOL...He's adorable! I think he's trying to use the force to do other things to you for putting him in that costume..not for a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was mostly mad at me using the flash on the camera but it looks like it, doesn't it? lol

      Delete
  4. I've gotta get Moxie one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Dex is too cute! I don't think Karl would like me very much If I put him in something, but If I had a dog I would so get him/her a costume like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once put my cat in a motorcycle vest... she was none too thrilled with me and it wasn't a happy ending for me when I tried to remove it. lol

      Delete