Friday, May 3, 2013

April Nail Art Society Review

    If you are a nail art junkie and looking for something new and fun and you like surprises, then why not a monthly subscription with nail art goodies?
     I was always the person to go to when someone wanted ideas for something weird or fun to do with their nails. In high school I was the go-to for a quick french manicure, and I have amassed quite a collection of nail polishes, rhinestones, nail glues, striping tapes, gems, and all kinds sparkly bits through the years. I am no stranger to nail art so I thought this would be a fun subscription service to share with you!
       Nail Art Society is less than $10 a month and you have the chance to receive anything from Japanese nail art embellishments, to tools, to polishes and more. It is essentially a DIY kit for your nails!
       The package I received was the April Bows & Stripes kit with a bunch of stuff to help you achieve a number of fun designs.
        It came with Aqua String (Striping) Tape, Nail Glue, a hard case filled with assorted bow stones, and a nail striping kit from Kiss complete with guides and rhinestones. I decided to create three different looks using only these items and 2 base items I had on hand (false nails, and top coat).
        The nail polish in the Kiss kit comes in three colours; a lavender, a blue, and a hot pink. The brushes themselves are very thin, which is what you are looking for in a striping polish, but it was not impossible to paint an entire nail with them. I used the blue and the lavender as the base coat colour on two of the nails and kept the third nail clear. The stripes were easy to paint on but had I not been sitting outside on a windy day I may have actually got the lines straighter ( It's okay, I'm laughing too). I love the rhinestones that came with the Kiss kit as they are a flatter plastic, self-adhesive. Though they were a little tricky to remove from the plastic they stuck down on the nail really well. 
          The String tape didn't seem as tacky as what I am used to so it was easier to correct mistakes, and the colour didn't run when I went over it with my Seche Vite like another brand I have does.
          The bows are in a really cute hard plastic hinged case. I wouldn't travel with it if it's not in the original packaging as I would be afraid it would open and they would spill, but it's great for storing them. The bows themselves are a clear glass with a domed appearance. The backing has the colour and white polka dots on it and the stone magnifies the image. They are pretty heavy and are completely flat so unless you are really good at wearing 3D items on your nails you may have a tough time with them. Otherwise they glued on really easily and didn't budge at all once in place.
       All in all I absolutely loved everything in the package and for the price you get a great bargain with a ton of fun options! If you are a beginner or an advanced nail junkie that likes to collect new items, this one is  totally for you! 
  If you are interested in learning more you can check out their website or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, or Pheed.

FTC:The products shown were provided for review purposes, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a neat service! And they have a great price.

    PS you did a great job on your nails. Mu hands are not steady enough to do anything that fancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a nail art hoarder. So anything that would send more stuff to me would be awesome and also bad for my storage. lol
      Also.. that's not THAT fancy ;)

      Delete
  2. This is cool service! Love how you designed the nails! Wish I had the patience for it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I still don't have patience but sometimes determination wins out.

      Delete
  3. I know someone who would really love this and that is my niece! She is always wanting new nail polish and getting her nails done. I am going to tell her about this place, and she would save money with all the stuff she could get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE getting new nail art and polishes. I've spent upwards of $10+ on just a single bottle of polish on top of $15 or more on nail art so having the opportunity to get a bunch of new things and pay a fraction of that price is fantastic!

      Delete
  4. those are cute i never do my finger nails tho bc i always break them somehow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been having the same issue. Mine is a vitamin issue though. Try using a nail strengthener, if that doesnt work it could be a vitamin issue. Just find a hair, skin and nails vitamin.

      Delete