Saturday, May 25, 2013

Influenster Spring Fever Vox Box- TastyKake Review

       If you remember my previous Influenster reviews back around October you may recall I posted one big long review. This time I am going to break it down in to several little mini posts so there is less information to overload your brain with all at once as this particular vox box is all over the place.
       If you don't know what Influenster is, it is a website where you can sign up like a subscription service and receive voxboxes that contain mostly full sized items and you can do challenges and reviews to raise your score to earn more chances to get more boxes. The best part? It's all free!
 

         I am aware some of you may not even know what TastyKake is as most people used to look at me like I was nuts if I ever mentioned them. I personally seen them sold everywhere growing up when I lived up north but less when I lived down south. They are pretty spectacular if you haven't tried them.
        I have noticed that they have branched out and started selling a lot more and according to their website they now sell throughout the East Coast and the South East. You can check their store locator here.
        I received one of their new Kandy bar Kakes in my Spring Vox Box, and I know I'm going to get some heat for this one but I was praying SO HARD for it to not be the Reeses one. (Not a fan of Peanut butter or PB mixed with chocolate) I lucked out and I received the S'mores Kakes! 
         Typically most of the time in a s'mores flavored anything, all they can really give you is the three main component flavors and not really give you the feeling of eating a real s'mores. This is just like that but a little better. The cake on the inside layered with the marshmallow créme gives it a different, softer texture. The chocolate is Hershey's brand and the top is sprinkled with graham crackers. 
        I think I was actually surprised at how large the size of the kake was! Definitely something for when you want to indulge.  I absolutely loved it though. If you haven't tried it, and it is something you want to look into trying at least once, go for it! S'mores not your thing? They also carry a Reeses and a York Peppermint Patty flavor!
       Check out TastyKake on their website to see what else you can find! They have everything from recipes to a full product list! Also check out their Facebook and be a part of the conversation!

FTC: I received the products shown from Influenster. No compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of TastyKake, but your bar looked so delicious, and cake is my favorite dessert! I will have to take a look at their website because I do not think they are sold where I live. The picture of your Smores cake looked yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked up TastyKake, and they do not sale where I live, and their online store is closed for now. I will just have to dream that maybe someday I can try these!

      Delete
    2. Hopefully their online store will be up again in the future. TastyKake is not quite like Little Debbie and the like because they have some awesome things like pies and Krimpets (two of my favorites!) I am going to be on the hunt for the York one next as I've only seen the Reese one around here so far. Keep your eyes open and don't give up! Hopefully they will make it there to you soon!

      Delete
  2. so jelly u got the smores the reeses ones were soo good though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already rushed out and bought the Peppermint Patty ones... SOOOOOOO much better than the S'mores! They were on sale too for $1.50 a box!

      Delete