Sunday, May 26, 2013

JustFab Fabshionista and Shoe Review



  I'm sure for the most part, most of you out there have heard about Justfab or seen a commercial for their website. Essentially it's like a subscription service for shoes. $39.95 a month and you get a personally chosen pair of shoes shipped to you according to the style profile you fill out. There is a little more control than that to it but that is just the basic idea. What you may not know is that JustFab also has a  social aspect where you can earn points through Social Toaster by people sharing, commenting, liking, tweeting, retweeting and the like of posts you make. And when you earn points you earn raffle entries to win free shoes, store credits and big giveaway prizes!
        These hot pink shoes are the first pair I won through the Just Fab Fabshionistas.
     These particular shoes can be found on their website to purchase as they are identical to the shoe Corina without the logo and they come in Black, Hot Pink, and Blush. I obviously chose hot pink.
     These shoes however are the Julianas. They have the Just Fab logo embroidered on the outside heel of both shoes. They have a quilted look to them from stitching. The toe shape is between an almond and a pointed toe and the bottom have rubber sole to help with grip while walking.
     They do run small and though I ordered a full size up I could have done well with a half size had they carried it as they are too long. The shoe however runs more on the narrow side and with the 5 inch heel and 1 inch hidden platform, even I find it hard to walk in these. They are however a great statement piece and if you're more comfortable in high heels these may be for you.

      The second pair of shoes I received were in the form of a credit win. I was able to choose these shoes all on my own. I searched for days trying to come up with the best shoes for me and I read literally every review. I ended up settling for the Ruff Riders by Iron Fist for Just Fab. Nowhere on the website did it mention that these were Iron Fist, and I am aware that Iron Fist typically runs small but even though these are a little on the tight side I know I can stretch them out to break them in.
     These shoes if I am not mistaken are also a 5 inch heel with a 1 inch hidden platform or something very close to that but even though the heel is similar to the previous shoes, I find these easier to walk in as they are not overly narrow, nor are they a half size too big.
     What I love about these is all the fun detail of the black on black sequined skulls and the dangling skull from the non functioning zipper. I also really love the flap on the toe with the studs. It almost gives them the look of motorcycle shoes gone way wrong.
                                             

      Both shoes came with a dust bag, heavy cardboard box and extra pair of high heel replacement tips. I can honestly say this is the first time I have owned shoes under $50 that gave these because they care about your shoes. It's nice to see that they want you to make sure you are caring for them as they should be cared for regardless of price.
      I am not sure what the Fabshionistas has in store for the future but I am hoping that they continue with this program so others can join in and possibly win some free shoes of their own. I know some changes may be coming soon but if you want to join and see about becoming a part of the Fabshionistas you can sign up here.

FTC: This post does contain referral links, these are not paid referrals. All products shown were prizes sent to me as raffle wins. I am not affiliated with JustFab and all opinions are my own.

8 comments:

  1. so cute but id kill myself or break my ankle in them haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would do just fine... just remember heel, toe, heel, toe, heel, toe.

      Delete
  2. My husband has promised to sign me up for this soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never purchased shoes through the site personally. I have heard a lot of issues with people having money taken out monthly before they had the option to skip a month. This review is based on the free point earning raffle system and I have never needed to use a credit card or pay any money out of pocket to sign up. I think that if I had the option to do the monthly payments for the subscription service I would consider it but I have no prior knowledge of how it works. =)

      Delete
  3. Adorable! These look a lot nicer than I'd expect for that price, so it would be a great source for some trendy shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely pleasantly surprised!

      Delete
  4. I think these shoes look really nice on you! I like the pink and black colors and the design is so pretty! I think Just Fab has a lot of great shoes to pick from and they are always having sales. I hope you love your new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely some of my faves! I wish I could buy all the shoes from their site.. lol

      Delete