Wednesday, June 19, 2013

#Challenge to Write- Bright Eyes

 
      Asking me to write a post about my favorite band could turn into a huge disaster. I will try my best to keep it short though for those of you who don't want to read 2,000 words about one person.
       Conor Oberst has more than one band. He has done many projects through the years ever since he was young. The main one being my favorite band Bright Eyes.
   
Desaparecidos
   I could probably try to list all the music he has done or give you a huge background on his life and music he has done but that would be weird and boring. The short of it is, he has been singing (some say poorly) since he was very young. He has done several solo albums, albums with his band Bright Eyes, Albums with his band Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, albums with Monster of Folk(M Ward, M Mogis, Jim James, C. Oberst), and albums with Desaparecidos which was one of the first and is now currently on tour with again; just to name a few. I'm sure at one point in your life you have heard at least one of his songs and never realized it, as they were featured in Knocked Up, Cloverfield, and most recently I have noticed a commercial floating around. 
       I have been listening to Conor Oberst's music for well over 10 years now and I will share with you a few songs that I love the most!
Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band

4.)The People's Key Album Launch-Bright Eyes(good if you have an hour to spare)

        I could literally keep going but I added a few of my favorites from each of the  ones I mentioned. This barely scratches the surface of the ones I am in love with. I've yet to hear a song he has done that I haven't loved. It's not for everyone and that is totally fine. I hate rap with a passion but I won't like you any less for liking it. =)

Monsters Of Folk

6 comments:

  1. awesome i'm all for hearing new music

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I'm definitely going to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never heard of this band but i will check their songs out on youtube - thanks for sharing!!

    velvetelvis46@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On of their more popular songs is "First Day of My Life" is currently all over tv in a commercial for buying houses.
      http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Y72/zillow-mobile-home-buying-song-by-bright-eyes

      Delete