Sunday, June 2, 2013

#Challenge to Write-Starting My Day

   

    Admit it, waking up in the morning sucks. I am not a morning person, I never have been and I never will be. I love staying up all hours of the night. Even though I don't end my day until the next one starts, I don't consider it the next day until I go to sleep and wake back up. Regardless of what the clock says.
    All that being said, I don't dictate my mornings anymore. Anyone with children know that you no longer get to decide what sleeping in feels like. Well, I don't have a child, I have a dog, and that dog is a pain in the butt.
     If you have been paying attention you all know Dexter. I can't take a photo without furry paws in it, or his nose stuck to whatever the item is in the photo. He likes to make sure he is the center of attention of everything I am doing, including sleeping.
     Picture this, you are warm and cozy in bed fast asleep and the sound of rustling stirs you, but only slightly. Then the sound of lapping water and you know what is about to happen next. Before you can blink you have a tiny black ball of fur standing on you wiping a soaking wet beard all over your face. You are grossed out but you try to hide under the covers. You are then assaulted by a squeaky toy being repeatedly squeaked in your face over and over. You have no choice but to cave.
     You then have to figure out how to walk to the bathroom, then walk to the kitchen to get a drink of water and then to the front door all while the tiny black ball of fur bounces on the floor, right in front of your feet looking up at you as if to say "Hey, come on! Why aren't you going faster? We need to go this way!"
     Eventually I am able to make it out the front door, but not before Dexter takes off running and nearly rips the leash right out of my hand. He then drags me across the parking lot to the tiny patch of grass where he can do his business and then he precedes to drag me back across the parking lot so he can say hi to every single one of the neighbors that are outside at the time. It is then around this time he decides he doesn't want to go back inside and he protests by laying down on the ground and cries, not unlike a tantrum thrown by a child.
     Somehow I manage to get him back inside and he decides then that he likes me again and he curls up next to me to sleep while I check my email and things. I don't know how I got so lucky to be stuck with such a stubborn little brat for a dog, but I'm glad. Time to go to bed so I can wake up and do it all over again tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. Awwww.... Dexter is an awesome little guy! You are both lucky to have each other. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason this prompted me to have a dream that he was a zombie... and he was docile and I wished he wasn't. What a weird dream. lol

      Delete
  2. You would not believe my dog that is a basset hound named Biggles! He will not leave me alone the whole day he is up. He wants me to pet him all day, and if I do not walk him, he will make sure to pester me all day until I take him. He really loves me and wants to spend all his time with me. I sometimes thinks my dog thinks he is a human! But, he is so cute and lovable, and I love him tons. I really think you dog is so cute! I love animals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dex is a straight up ham. He knows exactly what he is doing. lol

      Delete
  3. my dogs are brats too, but i wouldnt want them any other way !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you pup is adorable! My babies can be brats too but for the most part they're just lazy --- lounging around all day either in the house or on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Dex is inside, he is sleeping. When he is outside, he is doing everything possible to not go back inside. lol

      Delete
  5. Aww loved your post. I laugh when my mom tells me how much work her dogs are then we laugh together on how pets are her kids now. She was traveling with them (2 small dogs) for a month and went back home sooner than expected and she said her dogs wouldn't let her rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is THE most stubborn dog I have ever had in my life. lol... and even though he loves everyone else more than me, and he listens better to other people.. and he's never met a stranger... and would probably lick the person stabbing me to death, I wouldn't want him any other way. Haha

      Delete