Tuesday, June 11, 2013

#Challenge to Write-State to State

Yes, this IS the map from the Trinity Episodes of Dexter. Why do you ask?




















       Having had the opportunity to visit quite a few states and even live in a few different ones I often get asked a lot, "Do you like it here?" I seem to find that question a lot harder than one would think. It's one of those things you can't quite place your finger on.
       After living in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Tennessee, Ohio, Virginia and visited a few states in the east from Florida to Maryland. I couldn't really say I have a specific favorite one I have ever lived in, or visited but I do have a list of ones I would like to go.
       I dream of living in a place where the sun is always hidden behind storm clouds and it feels like a warm-ish fall day all year long but at the same time I love snow like crazy.
       I have never been a huge fan of places with a lot of sun but I love dense lush forests where light dances through the trees when the wind blows.
       The idea of visiting historic places sounds spectacular. Visiting places where major events have happened. Walking the same ground.
        To be able to travel to my hearts content until I find the perfect place to call home or at least until I'm done seeing things I want to see. Maybe it's not so much about having a favorite state, but a favorite state of being.


6 comments:

  1. Wow you've lived in a fair few places! I've only lived in two FL and KS and they both have their bad and good sides. I think I prefer the country to the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mostly lived in the middle of nowhere so a move to the city was slightly shocking to my system as I hadn't been in a city type setting since leaving Pennsylvania before the age of 2. I has more of what I need, but also more of what I dont lol.

      Delete
  2. Thats awesome. :) I've only lived in one state but my fiance is wanting to move us out to Colorado. Were actually getting to visit at the end of July. My first time going out west!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You are an excellent writer that really conveys wonderful meanings with words. I do not like it really hot! We are going into a heat wave and it is going to be terrible. I like weather in the 80's, but no hotter! I really could live in Hawaii. It is too cold where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) I don't mind the cold, I'm perfectly fine with 5 feet of snow and a roaring fire. I think it will always depend on my mood but I've always felt more at home in the Fall.

      Delete