Monday, June 24, 2013

Moonglow Jewelry Necklace Review








    I've never been much for wearing jewelry unless the piece was unique. It has resulted in a very small collection of costume jewelry that is weird, and not really worth much.
    On the rare occasion that I do end up finding something that I love, I will wear it...often! This necklace from Moonglow Jewelry is officially my new favorite piece!
    I have always been a night owl and I have always had a special connection to the moon so it seemed like a bit of a no-brainer for me to be drawn to a necklace as gorgeous as this one!
     What is really special about Moonglow jewelry is they can be customized to capture a specific date by the phase the moon was in on that day. When you order you can use the Moon Phase Calculator  to select a birthday, anniversary, soon to be wedding, birth of a child, your options are endless! The calculator then tells you the phase, age, distance, and other interesting information as well as if there was an eclipse or not.
      You can then choose to apply this moon phase to anything from necklaces, to earrings, to bracelets, or anything else you choose with tons of great styles available. They also have selections in both men's and women's jewelry.
      The necklace I have is the Charmed Simplicity Necklace. It is absolutely gorgeous! A dainty pendent with a full moon phase from my birthday, I have literally not wanted to take it off since I received it in the mail!
      The pendant itself is what is unique about this necklace though. Not only do you get to customize the piece by date, but when it is dark out, the necklace glows.
      The pendant is domed on top and stamped on the back with the signature Moonglow stamp. When placed under a light source, or worn out in the sun, the piece will charge and glow in the dark mimicking the moon in the sky.
      The chain is a 20" round snake chain with a lobster clasp. You also have the option of changing the length to either 16'', or 18''. If none of those appeal to you a separate chain can be purchased up to 24".
      Luc Rouleau, a local artist in Montreal Canada is the designer and mastermind behind the concept and can be found in the Guinness Book of World Records for his memorization of calendar days and moon cycles.
       Every single piece on the website is beyond gorgeous and just a touch magical!
      If you would like to learn more check them out on their website, or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Youtube to keep up with what's new.

FTC: The products shown were provided for review purposes, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

10 comments:

  1. Great review. These are such special pieces! I will cherish mine forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more! I hate taking mine off!I get so many compliments on it when I wear it too!

      Delete
  2. That looks really neat! Its so much more than just a pendant on a necklace. Neat it glows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had tons of necklaces but never one personalized to me like this one, and the fact that it glows made me giggle like mad for a solid 20 minutes lol.

      Delete
  3. This is a very pretty necklace. I am a jewelry person that loves getting different pieces, and this looks like a very nice piece to own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is hands down my favorite piece!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this... how beautiful! Thank you for sharing this company with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to check out their Facebook! They have been holding giveaways! =)

      Delete
  5. Pretty! I really like unique jewelry with personal meaning. I like the glow in the dark feature too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my love of unique jewelry is really hammered home by my casket necklace that opens, the spine/rib cage ear cuff, and huge rhinestone Hello Kitty necklace to name a few. lol This is probably the most interesting though because it's dainty and pretty and has meaning behind it.

      Delete