Monday, June 3, 2013

Victoria Footwear Inglesa Elastico Shoe Review

     
           Is there anything more amazing than an adorable and comfortable pair of shoes? I honestly can't think of anything else, but I'm a girl who loves her shoes!
           I love canvas shoes, they are super comfortable, they are simple, and yet you can still make a statement with them. These shoes from  Victoria Footwear are bright pink slip on cotton canvas shoes with a rubber toe and rubber sole with a textured bottom.
          The Inglesa Elastico in Fucsia have four grommet shoe lace holes that are merely for decoration as the tongue of the shoe has been replaced with a super soft, stretchy elastic; making these shoes easy to slip on and off. They run narrow without being uncomfortable but with the elastic they will stretch to accommodate a wider foot and they fit true to size.
          One of the first things I noticed about the shoes when I first received them though, was not the box, or how they looked; it was how they smelled.
    I know what you are thinking, I'm totally nuts right? No lie, I pulled the shoe box out of the shipping box and I was hit with a strong super sweet smell. I couldn't place it at first and then it hit me. Salt water taffy! I have no idea what causes them to smell sweet, or whether it is a way they clean them but no joke, salt water taffy. To prove my point, I stuck my nose in a bag I had on hand here and I was dead on about it too!
       Everything about these shoes are just absolutely perfect!
      The company itself has been around since 1915 when the founder Gregoria decided to create a shoe and name it for his wife Victoria a year after they were married. Since then, many people have worn the name Victoria on their shoes, especially during the seventies and eighties, when the Victoria canvas shoe became an essential part of Spanish fashion. Which if you ask me, is pretty great! 
       The brand was finally made available in the US recently but still remains to be made in Spain even after all this time, and can be purchased in both men's and women's styles. I can't honestly think of a single reason not to love them and these are now officially my every day shoe!
      If you want to learn more you can check out their website, Facebook, or sign up for their newsletter to receive updates and new information!

FTC: The products shown were sent for review purposes, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

22 comments:

  1. I want some now! And they smell sweet..? That's weird. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was weird... but in a GOOD way! lol

      Delete
  2. I love the color!!! And I agree I have a pair and the smell reminded me of fruit bubblegum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it's a cleaning process or something they add afterward. I don't even care, I love that smell and I want everything I own to smell like it lol

      Delete
  3. Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the rubber is infused with that scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is literally the coolest thing I have ever heard!

      Delete
    2. Okay, now I really want a pair!!
      Hey LittleYllwBird send me some over at Rude Mom Blog!! You don't need those shoes, I do...LOL

      Delete
    3. No take-y my shoe-sies! Go steal Dianas! lol

      Delete
    4. I sure won't she is a pistol packing momma like me...LOL

      Delete
  4. They are very cute! Nothing better than a new pair of shoes. So I'd be curious to know if they retain the scent after wearing them for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine have so far with light wear. With the scent infused in the rubber I expect to stick around for a little while unless you run through some smelly stuff. Which I wouldn't want to do in canvas shoes! Yikes! I only wear mine across a parking lot on dry days when walking my dog. If it's raining, or wet, I won't wear them.

      Delete
  5. So cute! I love that cheerful pink! And shoes designed to be slipped on sound perfect for those summer days when you want something comfy but more substantial than flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a sucker for slip on shoes. I love canvas lace ups, but I prefer effortless most days. My dogs potty dance is usually too urgent for me to take time lacing up shoes. lol

      Delete
  6. These Victoria Footwear looks very comfortable and I like the cute pink color. I think they are made with organic materials and the design is really awesome. I would love to own a pair of these to wear with my outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can't beat a good pair of shoes, can you? lol

      Delete
  7. Im a 7, but do they run big or small?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put mine on and they to fit true to size but I have a wider foot and they are narrow so they may need some time to break in but I think you should be fine picking up your normal shoe size. They do have elastic around the top of the shoe so there is some give, but they get more comfortable with time. =)

      Delete