Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mally Beauty Makeup Review


    If you have been living under a beauty rock then you may not know much about Mally.
    Mally Beauty, founded by the owner Mally Roncal, was started because of her love affair with makeup. This is something that I can say I connect with as well. I have always loved makeup, even if I wasn't so great at understanding the concept of applying it perfectly when I was younger.YIKES!
    After attending Cosmetology classes and reading tons of magazines; I started reproducing looks found in magazines with crazy eyeliner and fun colours.
     As I got older I learned what worked well and what didn't and I wanted to try all the products I could get my hands on! I started getting even more creative and creating crazy looks just for fun. I literally spent 2 hours applying a sugar skull makeup only to take a photo and take it back off. Makeup is about art and expression just as much as it is about making you feel good.
     The products I was able to try from Mally really fit the bill of making me feel good!
      The Evercolor Poreless Face Defender is one of those products that really help you out where you need it most. Sometimes you can't help having pores you need a little help minimizing, but not only that it works to minimize fine lines, and gives your makeup staying power needed to last all day and night.
        When you apply this over your makeup in lieu of powder it will set your makeup without making your skin look cake-y, dry, or ashy. This is amazing for me because if you just touch this product it feels silky smooth to the touch and with skin as dry as mine, applying any kind of powder over my foundation spells disaster for my makeup application!
        There really is no such thing as "translucent powder", but with this you will have a matte, flawless finish without that horrible cake-y look to your face. I absolutely love this stuff!
       The next product I tried was the Evercolor Shadow Stick in gunmetal. Not only is this product going to glide on smoothly, it's going to stay where you put it!
    It is very rare to find cream shadows that do not crease, and I have trouble finding powder shadows that don't sometimes. You can apply the shadow stick easily all over the lid and blend out and wear as is, or pair with another colour shadow stick or even use this as a base! I love the gunmetal as a simple all over colour but you can really punch it up by adding more or wearing it sheer. After swatching it on my hand, it took a fair amount of scrubbing to get it to come off completely. The very best part? There is no sharpening needed and there is actually quite a bit of product in the tube!
(l to r) Top-no mascara, one coat. Bottom- two coats
   Last but most certainly not least was the Ginormous Mascara. Some girls who love their mascara, REALLY love their mascara, and some don't. I really love my mascaras, but my eyes don't agree with me when I put them on. My upper lashes are alright, nothing to sneeze at. My lower lashes are a lot longer than they should be though I believe because I can't put mascara on the lower lashes without it getting everywhere.
    When I look for a mascara, I am looking for something that will enhance the lashes I have. Isn't that what all girls want? The applicator on the Ginormous Mascara has a cut-out reservoir on each side that your lashes will be exposed to. Each lash will get an extra boost to achieve the fullest coverage and most volume possible.
     After applying one coat I noticed that the formula leans more toward the wet side but it applied easily and added some nice volume to my lashes. After letting the first coat dry I applied a second and noticed a little more volume and length. If you aren't careful though you can easily clump and get spider lashes. You always want to be super careful when layering and comb through them.You can really see the difference in the photo from no mascara to two coats! This is definitely going to be one of my new favorite mascaras!
    If you loved everything you seen here be sure to check out the MallyBeauty website, you can also find Mally on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, youtube and UStream. You can also learn more by checking out her about section and be sure to check out her demo videos for products on her website. You won't be sorry!

FTC: The products shown were provided for review purposes. No other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

18 comments:

  1. Great review! I love love my Mally mascara! I haven't tried the shadow stick before but it sounds very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only heard amazing things about the shadow sticks and it turned out to be everything I was expecting and more!

      Delete
  2. awesome! im not much of a makeup girl, but when i HAVE to (special occasions) ill generally only wear mascara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyes have been irritated a lot lately.. to the point where they burn just from showering. I still can't help from going crazy and wearing makeup though. I love it too much. lol I just have to be careful to wear waterproof for when my eyes water. lol

      Delete
  3. I used to wear make-up all the time when I was younger but seem to have lost my flare for it these days. I still like to splash on a bit of foundation when I'm heading out and on special occasions will doll myself up with the eye shadow, eye liner and sometimes even lip stick. I stopped wearing mascara years ago because it was irritating my eyes, how have you found the Mally Mascara, does it irritate your eyes? I tried several before I gave up, it would be nice to find one that didn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mascara didn't actually irritate my eyes while I was wearing it. My left eye is usually the worst with irritation. If I put liner in my waterline or apply false lashes it immediately starts watering and wont stop all day. Plus I have issues with my eyes staying dry and hurting. This happens with or without makeup but I didn't notice any extra irritation from wearing.

      Delete
  4. Very nice makeup! I like how the eyeshadow looks in this photo.It really blends well and looks like it is so natural. The mascara really made the model's eyes stand out and made the lashes huge! Great makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well goodness I can't ever say anyone has ever called me a model in any respect but yes I totally get what you mean. I loved the way it made my eyes stand out and with 2 coats it gave my lashes tons of volume. =)

      Delete
  5. Very nice! And yes, you do look like a model! Re: the cream shadow: that no creasing is an amazing find, and I love that gunmetal color, too. And the mascara! That's ok I - love spider lashes. I'm going to check out this brand - I feel very encouraged by the photos! Pretty, pretty! scain54 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh pssh.. :*) lol The shadow stick is pretty amazing... I wore it paired with a neutral/cream coloured sparkly NYX loose shadow and used the shadow stick to smoke out the outer corners of my eyes and my lower lash line and it looked FAB and blended really well with the loose powder shadow. So they are pretty amazing when you can use them side by side with a powder like that and still have that blendability.

      Delete
  6. Great review-I hadn't heard of Mally before. I keep my make up minimal, but I have a ton. I buy with great intentions (usually seeing it professionally applied on a model), but I'm pretty bad at anything unique-I am very bad at smoky eyes-I always end up like a pirate. I like the sounds of this line-the pics look great and I have large pores around my nose-so I'm super glad I read your review! ~Raine~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be intimidated by a smokey eye! They don't have to be limited to black shadows, you can use any colour you want. Just remember to blend really well. This can be done with a flesh toned shadow around the outer edges and you never want to go ALL the way up to the brows. A little above the crease is fine so it can be seen with your eyes open. Also be sure to add a highlight to the inner corner and under your brows and smudge the shadow under your lower lash line as well. If you do a smokey eye with a medium brown or something 1-2 shades darker than your skin tone you can probably get away with wearing a smokey eye during the day. ;)

      Delete
  7. I've never tried Mally but you inspired me :) It came out perfectly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many other products she has that I would love to get my hands on!

      Delete
  8. i have never tried Mally cosmetics but i love the color of the eye shadow shown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can actually find Mally on QVC! I have actually used this shadow stick with powder shadows and loose shadows and as a base and it always looks great no matter how I wear it. I still love the look of it as an all over sheer lid colour though.

      Delete
  9. Wow, I think that I will have to try this! Thanks for the glowing review, I love the color of the Eyeshadow and the Mascara looks like it really does the trick!

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a wonderful find when you come across a smooth, blendable cream shadow that actually doesnt crease after it sets. The shadow sticks come in a range of shades but I am a huge fan of the gunmetal.

      Delete