Thursday, July 11, 2013

T.U.K. Sneaker Review


   Falling in love with shoes is something I do pretty regularly. I could spend hours upon hours scrolling through shoe websites and just checking out all the different shapes and styles and fabrics and heel heights. I am a sucker for a pretty platform pump, but my first love has always been odd shoes.
      I love the crazy shoes that most people look at and wonder what on earth the person was thinking when they made those. I'm alright with that!
      I have owned my fair share of crazy shoes, some of them were real head turners. When I saw these T.U.K.'s on Amazon during a late night browsing session it didn't take long before I drained my gift card balance to purchase them!
      I have always loved T.U.K. shoes from afar and always wanted a pair but never purchased them for some reason or another. This particular pair screamed my name though and they had to be mine!
      I have had these shoes for roughly 3 months now and I literally have been wearing them every single day at least once a day. These are my Dexter walking shoes, my rain-puddle stompers, and my quick run to the store shoes.
       They are a synthetic, manmade, vegan friendly shoe which is pretty awesome to begin with! They are covered in black and white newspaper clippings about punk rock, and the toes are adorned with zombie teddy bears!
        I love the  wide Mary Jane style adjustable strap, and the random hardware on the heel of the shoe in the form of a detachable hook.
       The shoes look like they would be a hard leather creeper shoe that would be difficult or clunky to walk in with little to no movement, but when they are on they feel just like a pair of canvas sneakers.
      The bottom of the soles have a 3D Skull and bones tread to prevent slipping when you walk. I absolutely love how well they grip. Typically I'm a clumsy person and I haven't fallen once in these.
      The sizing runs pretty wide around the toes but with a pair of socks or some shoe inserts they fit nice and snug. I never had a break-in period with any blisters on my feet anywhere from wearing these!
      I would say the biggest issue I have had with these shoes is the insoles. Either mine were never attached or they don't attach them at all, I spend 1/2 the time putting the insoles back into place as they pull out of the shoe completely when I slip them off and on. Considering how rough I am on the shoes, and that I never unbuckle them, this seems to be a small price to pay! After 3 months of solid wear nothing has ripped, torn, shredded, faded, worn out, broken, or fallen off these shoes!
        The biggest upset I had was when I went to purchase a second pair in the red leopard hearts, they sent me shoes in 2 different sizes and then sold out in that style and have not restocked. I hope to continue to grow my T.U.K. collection as I now know they can stand up to every day wear! Best purchase ever!

FTC: I am not affiliated with the company or products shown. I was not paid to talk about any of these and the items shown were purchased by myself.
     

10 comments:

  1. My daughter would absolutely love a pair of TUK's thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! And I like them because they look stylish and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have definitely had tons of compliments on them since I got them!

      Delete
  3. OMG these are adorable!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so comfortable! I really shoes that don't sacrifice comfort for cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These definitely fit that bill! But they are also tough too because they are made so well! Considering I got these on sale but they typically run about $60, that's a steal.

      Delete
  5. my niece would love these - the crazier the better when it comes to shoes for her!! good to know they are tough and durable too!

    velvetelvis46@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am usually pretty good at wearing a pair of shoes so much they are obliterated. lol... I'm really glad that these are holding up so well and they still look great!

      Delete