Saturday, November 23, 2013

Custom Dress from eShakti Review

    That time of year has rolled around again where you scramble to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list. If you happen to have a fashion lover to buy for this may be your lucky day!
    Some women will admit, buying any dress off the rack can be disappointing at best. Just because it looks good on the hanger, doesn't always mean it will look good on your body. This leaves us with that uncomfortable feeling we get when we wear ill fitting, unflattering clothes. The designers had good intentions, but somethings never work out how you want.
   This is my life on a daily basis; especially when I am looking for dresses or tops. I have to go for larger sizes to accommodate my chest and this leaves me looking as if I am wearing a tent. Being plus sized has major disadvantages like that.
    That is when I found eShakti (pronounced e-SHACK-tee). Shakti means power in Sanskrit. eShakti therefore means the power of the net. I scrolled through their website and was completely floored by how beautiful the dresses were!
     Not only does eShakti have an amazing selection of beautiful tops, 50's inspired dresses, skirts, jackets and bridesmaid options; but they also carry sizes from 0-36! It gets better though! No more off the rack feeling when you shop for dresses at eShakti, not only do they allow you to custom fit the dress to your measurements, but they also allow you to customize the dress how you want! Don't like the hemline? Prefer a different sleeve? Maybe the neckline isn't flattering for you and you would like something a little different? eShakti allows you to make all these changes and they make sure it fits to your height and measurements.
     I have never had a tailored piece in my wardrobe before in my life. I perused the site and ended up choosing a charcoal dress with red contrast trim on the collar. The dress is a polyester/rayon woven suiting, with no stretch, and a mid-weight. I loved the deep V-neck and wide band under the bust as well as the box pleats. It has the right amount of structure but still a lot of sass from the flowy skirt. I loved everything about the dress but I opted to switch the sleeves from a cap sleeve to a puffy sleeve.
     I was constantly questioning whether it would fit, or look good the entire time I was waiting for it to show up. I pulled it out of the packaging when I received it and thought there was no way it would fit me because of how small it looked around the midsection. I undid the side zip and pulled it on over my head and literally squealed at how perfect it was! I twirled until I was so dizzy I fell over and I didn't want to take it off. It wasn't until the second time that I put the dress on that I even remembered that it had pockets!
     I can see myself getting a lot of usage out of this dress because it is easily something I would be okay with wearing on a daily basis, or dressing up for a fancier setting. They have an amazing section on their website where you can view photos of their dresses worn by their customers. They promote real fashion for real people and this gives you the opportunity to see what they look like on people who are not professional models. With a delivery schedule of 14 days (18 calendar days) from the time you order, and no hassle returns, this literally is a dream come true. If there is more that you want to learn please check out their about section!
        If you think this all sounds magical, as it should, please check out eShakti for you or someone special this holiday season! They offer gift cards as well as discounts and free custom styling for first time buyers! They will officially be my go-to site when I need a dress for the rest of my life if I can help it.
    Be sure to check out their website to see their massive selection of amazing items! Also follow them on Facebook, or Pinterest to stay up to date!


FTC: The products shown were sent for review purposes, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. That dress looks fabulous on!! It's awesome they let make it custom to your preferences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't be more thrilled with how fabulously it fit! Typically when I buy off the rack a below the knee dress ends up near my ankles because of how short I am. This was pretty much nailed all around!

      Delete
  2. You picked out a really nice dress from the website Eshakti. The dress looks comfortable, and stylish on you. I have a hard time picking out dresses because I am too picky. But I will have to take a look at this site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They allow you to be picky! lol.. you can change details about the dress so you can find one you love or you can return it. I seriously want all the dresses on the site!

      Delete