Monday, December 2, 2013

Castor and Pollux Organix Treats from Chewy.com Review

        I know that I have written ad nauseam about how Dexter is not a fan at all of crunchy treats. Well this month Dexter decided he wanted to prove me wrong in the most epic way possible.         Chewy.com never ceases to amaze me with their fantastic line of products available and this month was no exception. I received a bag of Castor and Pollux Organix dog cookies and I was of course a little skeptical at first. I really loved that they were organic and wheat free and I thought for sure Dex would be excited about the Chicken flavor. I was right!              When I received the treats in the mail, Dexter immediately started dancing around the room because he KNEW it was something for him. Upon opening the bag and pulling one of the treats out he snatched it out of my hand and tore out of the room like his butt was on fire. I then pulled another out to take a close up photo of it and if you look at the close ups I posted you can see the madness in his eyes. He wasn't okay with me not giving him the treat and it resulted in a series of hilarious photos, most blurry, some resulted in him actually licking the camera lens.
           Castor and Pollux Started 20 years ago when owners Shelley Gunton and her husband Brian Connolly, started a pet food business for Joey an adorable lab/pointer mix puppy rescued from the humane society, to keep him satisfied and healthy. As natural & organic ingredients became more available, Brian and Shelley saw an opportunity to make high quality, healthy food for dogs and cats. As pet parents, they understood how people truly consider their dogs and cats to be members of their family—and are always seeking better quality products for their pets. That was the beginning of Castor & Pollux Natural PetWorks.
               I love that Dex had no problems eating them at all, and I get a real kick out of how he bounces into the room and sits in front of them when he wants one now. I love that they are made in the USA and contain only 8 calories per cookie, because sometimes he does get his way and ends up with more than one a day. You can't say no to that face!      The only ingredients in the cookies are Organic Chicken, Organic Peas, Organic Brown Rice, Organic Oats, Organic Barley, Organic Chicken Fat naturally preserved with mixed Tocopherols(form of Vitamin E) Natural Chicken Liver Flavor, Organic Flaxseed, and Rosemary Extract! This makes me feel like I know he is getting the best of the best and there is no need to worry about preservatives or ingredients that will be harsh on his tummy.       Looks like I have added another fabulous treat to Dexter's favorites list and will have to purchase more in the future! don't forget to check out Chewy to find all kinds of fun stuff from food, to grooming, to flea and tick care for your dog or cat. If you want to learn more, check out their website or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ to stay in the loop!
FTC: The products shown were provided for review purposes, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.
 I want to take a quick second to send a HUGE thank you to Lisa, the Chewy Artist for surprising me with this amazingly adorable hand painted picture of Dexter. It literally brought tears to my eyes! I was not expecting anything so amazing to show up at my doorstep! Dexter naturally sniffed every inch of it in approval and it is proudly hanging on my wall.                 

4 comments:

  1. sounds like an awesome product and i love the painting of dexter. how cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it is a really large bag too! Even your bigger doggies would last a while with one of these. They would make nice training treats too for the bigger dogs.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, I absolutely can't get over how amazing it is!

      Delete