Wednesday, June 11, 2014

May Loot Crate Review

 

     It's time to get your gamer/nerd hat on because this one is going to be a fun one! I was a little tardy to the party for this one but I received the May Loot Crate box and boy am I thrilled!
 
   Loot Crate is a monthly subscription service filled with 6-8 geek and gamer lifestyle items. They fill the boxes with super secret stuff from the best new and emerging companies producing gear, snacks, toys, hardware, art, and other goodies for the geek and gaming market.
     May's box theme was adventure and it was filled with some really great stuff from Adventure Time, Minecraft and The Legend of Zelda. It was also a celebration of hitting over 160,000 Looters that joined up! So congratulations to Loot Crate on this awesome accomplishment and hopefully if you haven't heard of them yet you will be interested in helping them make that number continue to grow!
















     The first and most obvious thing that is right on top of the box is the most amazing Legend of Zelda shirt. Link is formed entirely out of words from the game and other descriptive words. It is really amazing and very fun to try to read all the words until you get lost in them. I was beyond thrilled with this shirt, it is truly awesome and I can't wait to wear it out and about!
       The next thing I pulled out of the box was the MOST ADORABLE metal tin of one of the penguins from Adventure Time. I learned it was a blind box from Funko and everyone received a different tin with a different item inside.
     If there is one thing I am a huge fan of is Funko Vinyls! The penguin, Gunter,  is a smooth vinyl plastic with beak and wing 3d detail. He is a little more square than the penguins on the show but it matches the tin so well. I am definitely adding this to my Funko collection and displaying him on a shelf high above Dexter's reach because he immediately wanted to eat this one.
   There was a second blind bag in the box, this one a Minecraft hanger. It could have been anything and I ended up with a Minecraft zombie. Who doesn't love zombies?! It is a hard plastic almost like a lego with movable arms, legs and a rotating head. Even though these guys have moving parts though, there is no fear or imminent danger as these are not only the least dangerous zombies, but also it's plastic.
      The box also contained a lot of small items such as this amazing bottle opener keychain with the classic Legend of Zelda in 8bit "It's dangerous to go alone. Take This!" I may have no need for a bottle opener but you better believe I'll have one with me at all times now.
     Also included was a cd of the Friend Zone Soundtrack which is filled with a bunch of video game style music that accompanies the show that can be found on the Polaris youtube channel or Live on their Twitch between 3-6pm PST. If you are a fan of gaming channels, Polaris may have something fun for you.
    Along with this soundtrack is included some stickers of different youtube gamers and a tattoo set from Markiplier which is so fantastic. I am a huge fan of Maker and  lot of the projects they produce and I will definitely be plastering most of these stickers on various places. I have a spot saved on my laptop for the Maker sticker.
     The one little bonus they add every month is a themed button for the month which I think is a fantastic idea because I collect buttons. The May 2014 button has the Adventure title on it along with Links Hylian Shield, and crossed behind it is Finn's sword and a Minecraft sword.
     If any or all of this intrigues you then you should check out Loot Crate! With a price that tickles my inner geek of $13.37 plus shipping and handling you can receive your own and join to see what goodies you have coming for you! With a $40 retail value inside each box that price is a steal! Also, signing up gives you the chance to be one of the lucky subscribers to win a Mega Crate valued at over $750. Past Mega Crates have included a Gaems, collection figures, themed Zelda swag, a PS4, and an Xbox One among other things. All you have to do is be a subscriber!
     There is still 8 more days to get in on June's box and if you use the code JUNELOOT you can get $3 off. Also be sure to check Loot Crate out on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram to keep up or share photos!

FTC: The products shown were provided for review purposes, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome box! :) I know if I ever got something minecraft, my daughter would claim it. LOL She is obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been getting a huge kick out of watching Markiplier's minecraft videos.. not so much kid friendly but man he is hilarious.

      Delete