Friday, June 13, 2014

Razor Red Knife Sharpener Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.  
     Being a crafty person encompasses a lot of things in my book. It means I love to create things in different mediums from art projects to meals in the kitchen. For this I am always running my knives and scissors dull. I have a pair of crafting scissors that are so dull they no longer cut through paper, and a kitchen knife that barely makes it through a potato. It's pretty sad really.
      I have tried many ways of sharpening my scissors and knives and the ones I have used previously just never seem to work very well. Maybe it is user error, or maybe the tool isn't right for the job.
      I decided to try out the Razor Red Knife sharpener. When it came in the mail I was surprised at how absolutely compact it was! I thought for sure it would be bigger, but because it is a decent size it is way easier to store.
      The sharpener itself has semi exposed blades that you run your knife or scissors through but when you are not using the tool there is a small handle that sticks out above it so there is less chance of your hand coming down on the blade from the top and injuring yourself which is fantastic because I am clumsy.
      One of the coolest features of the sharpener actually involves the handle. To use the sharpener, you place it on a clean, dry, flat surface and pull the handle down to the side. This can be a little hard to do at first but what it is doing is actually suctioning the base of the sharpener to the work surface so it doesn't slide! I used it on a surface I shouldn't have and it still actually stuck pretty well, but the surface was textured and eventually came unstuck with a little tug.
       I used the sharpener to sharpen my scissors and was pleasantly surprised that after just a few passes through, the blades were sharp enough to glide through thick paper with no issues or snags. It was like magic!
       Not only does this little magical sharpener work on straight blades but it can also sharpen serrated knives and I can probably even use it to sharpen my box cutter blade as well! I am absolutely impressed with how awesome this thing is and I cannot count my lucky stars enough that I have it in my possession now!
       The only downside is there is no way for it to catch the metal "dust" that comes off the sharpened blade but a quick wipe down of the surface and making sure not to do it in an area where it will get every where and you are as good as gold!
      If you are interested in picking one up for yourself check it out on Amazon and come back here and tell me what you think!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment