Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July Loot Crate-Villains Review

  If you missed the last review I did for the May Loot Crate you can check that out HERE. Since then I have become huge fans of some of the gamers that were featured in the box and I couldn't be more thrilled!

   This month though they are focusing on DC Villains! I don't think the squeal I made when I opened my box was heard by normal human ears, but you can bet my dog wasn't feeling it. The box alone on the inside is absolutely amazing! Made to look as if the Joker has scribbled on the inside of the box with a black marker, it is definitely fun to see.

      The first thing on the top of the box was a shirt. I have yet to see a shirt they have come out with that I haven't liked and this one was no exception. At first glance it looks like a simple Joker shirt, but Loot Crate loves taking it a step further and mashing together two things into one and it is actually not the Joker at all, it's Loki! Loki has taken on the Jokers persona in this awesome black screen printed shirt. It has amazing colours and he even decided to change his name to Joki just to get into character a little more. It's a super soft shirt and one I am
proud to have in my collection.
      The next out of the box was in the same vein as the first. It appeared to be posters and I was correct! It was two 8x10 rolled posters of Harley Quinn and the Joker. I absolutely love how they are in two different styles. Harley having more of a realistic/painted look and the Joker looking very sinister and if you look closely you can see he is actually made out of bats! I am in love with these and cannot WAIT to pick up some frames to put these on my wall! I have always been a huge fan of the Joker and I can't get over how amazing these two posters are!
      Next, Loot Crate loves adding some really fun smalls to their boxes. This
month was no different. The most fun being the pair of Deadpool socks. Hilarious and practical, they are now my favorite pair of socks. Also included is an amazing Bowser propaganda magnet that I immediately placed on the fridge. I grew up on Mario starting on the original Nintendo and Super Nintendo as did most people around my age, so this was a true treasure in my eyes. 
     What would a villains box be without the true villain Darth Vader? I am a key chain hoarder and I am enthralled by the rubbery Darth helmet key chain I received this month!
      Another fantastic item included was a dvd documentary about the super villains of DC Comics. This looks and sounds amazing and I am waiting on the opportunity for my brother to have some free time so we can watch it together.
      Finally the gem of the box is actually the Loot Crate exclusive 1st edition of the Rocket Racoon Comic. This is something I plan on holding on to for a long time. I haven't had the opportunity to watch the movie Guardians of the Galaxy yet but I cannot WAIT to see it! 
     And What Loot Crate wouldn't be complete without the button of the month featuring the image on the front of the information catalog sent in the box with Darth, Deadpool, and Harley Quinn. This entire box was all win in my eyes and I can't wait to see what they come out with in the future!
      If any or all of this intrigues you then you should check out Loot Crate! With a price that tickles my inner geek of $13.37 plus shipping and handling you can receive your own and join to see what goodies you have coming for you! With a $40 retail value inside each box that price is a steal! Also, signing up gives you the chance to be one of the lucky subscribers to win a Mega Crate valued at over $750. Past Mega Crates have included a Gaems, collection figures, themed Zelda swag, a PS4, and an Xbox One among other things. All you have to do is be a subscriber!

Also be sure to check Loot Crate out on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram to keep up or share photos!

FTC: The products shown were provided for review purposes, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. OH I want to get this it looks like fun in a box every month.

    ReplyDelete