Sunday, July 12, 2015

Beef Jerky Treats from Rocco & Roxie From Chewy.com



        
       Well hello there! Long time no see! Things have been busy for me here lately and blogging fell to the wayside. Sadly that also meant treats for Dexter did as well. 
   My little taste-tester has sat eagerly awaiting his next mission very patiently. So I decided to spoil him rotten once more now that my schedule has cleared up a bit.
      When I want to treat Dexter, I really go all out and to be honest, I don't really trust anyone but Chewy.com now serve his needs. They have never failed me once for an amazing treat experience with my dog. This time is no exception!
       This month Dexter had his heart set on something a little more meaty and Chewy delivered just that with these amazing gourmet Beef Jerky Treats from Rocco & Roxie
        These 7 inch, slow roasted, naturally smoked beef jerky sticks are made in the USA and contain no wheat,soy, corn or gluten.
       Upon first opening the package I immediately noticed that it smells just like regular beef jerky. A delicious, high quality, human grade beef jerky. (It states on that back o the package they are smell so good you might want to eat one but they are not for human consumption.) It was quite a surprise and Dexter went absolutely nuts when he first smelled the treats, immediately shoving his whole head in the bag and licking every single one of them.                                                                                                                      After I managed to get his head out, I snapped one in half. Unable to get a photo as it was instantly stolen out of my hand, I noticed the texture was meaty on the inside and a nice thin, easy to chew casing on the outside. They don't have a snap to them as traditional jerky sticks do, which I welcomed as Dexter isn't very smart when it comes to chewing for some reason. I liked that the texture was a little on the softer side so it made it less likely he would choke. 
      As Dexter chewed away I decided to take a look at the ingredients and the first ingredient is Beef. Very promising! I was also surprised to see how short the ingredient list was. I was a tad concerned by the sugar, salt, and garlic powder but Dex has had no adverse reactions, (other than a few smelly gas attacks).      
        The packaging itself boasts that the treats are made in small batches and slow-smoked for 15 hours which pays off because Dexter is in love and I'm okay with that!                                                     Once again Chewy has come through with connecting Dex and I with another fantastic product he can't live without.And when Dexter is happy, I'm happy!                                                                         Be sure to check out Chewy.com for all your pet spoiling needs! If you want to get in on the action check out Chewy to find all kinds of fun stuff from food, to grooming, to flea and tick care for your dog or cat. If you want to learn more, check out their website or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ to stay in the loop!
  







FTC: The products shown were provided for review purposes, no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

1 comment: